Area Portable Services Keeps Your Septic Tank Clean
Septic systems and grease traps perform an important job for residential and commercial properties. Your septic system is responsible for removing wastewater from your home, protecting your family from bacteria and other contaminants. Your commercial grease trap keeps grease and fats produced from cooking out of the sewer system where it may otherwise cause clogs and damage. At Area Portable Services, our grease trap and septic pumping services in Rancho Cordova, CA ensure these systems are clean and able to perform their important duties. If you would like to schedule a service, please reach out to us today.
How a Septic System Works
A septic system is an underground wastewater treatment system used to sanitize water coming from the household plumbing system. This type of system is often used in rural areas where there aren’t city sewer systems. Your septic system treats wastewater using a septic tank and a drain field or soil absorption field. It effectively rids the water of any waste using a combination of nature and proven technology. Your septic system works in the following manner:
- The wastewater runs out of the house from one main drainage pipe and collects in the septic tank.
- The septic tank is buried underground, keeping waste away from the surface by sealing it inside. It is the tank’s job to hold the wastewater until the solids settle to the bottom and the oil and grease float to the top.
- Once the solids and oil have separated, the liquid wastewater flows from the tank to the drain field.
- The pretreated wastewater is funneled into the drain field where it filters through the soil. The soil naturally accepts, treats, and disperses the water as it moves through the drain field.
- The wastewater percolates into the soil, which naturally removes any harmful coliform bacteria and other contaminants. The cleaned water then eventually discharges into the groundwater.
Septic & Grease Trap Pumping ServicesWe provide Septic & Grease Trap Pumping Services as well as Wastewater Management for residential, commercial and industrial applications.
Our Pumping ServicesAt Area Portable Services, we provide many services to help protect the systems that dispose of your household and commercial waste. We take this job seriously because we know it’s important to the protection of public health. Our services include:
Commercial & Residential Septic Pumping Services
Restaurant Grease Trap Pumping Services
The Dos & Don’ts of Proper Septic CareWhile it’s essential that you have a professional look at your septic system, there are also some things you can do yourself to properly care for your septic system. Follow our simple list of do’s and don’ts to ensure your system stays in good working order:
- Do regularly inspect and maintain your septic system
- Do pump your septic tank as needed
- Do keep your septic tank lids closed and secure
- Do direct water from roof drains away from the drain field to prevent saturation
- Don’t flush anything besides toilet paper into your septic system
- Don’t use septic tank additives
- Don’t park cars or trucks in your drain field
- Don’t pug harsh household chemicals down the drain