Area Portable Services Keeps Your Septic Tank Clean
Septic systems and grease traps perform an important job for residential and commercial properties. Your septic system is responsible for removing wastewater from your home, protecting your family from bacteria and other contaminants. Your commercial grease trap keeps grease and fats produced from cooking out of the sewer system where it may otherwise cause clogs and damage. At Area Portable Services, our grease trap and septic pumping services in Rancho Cordova, CA ensure these systems are clean and able to perform their important duties. If you would like to schedule a service, please reach out to us today.
How a Septic System Works
A septic system is an underground wastewater treatment system used to sanitize water coming from the household plumbing system. This type of system is often used in rural areas where there aren’t city sewer systems. Your septic system treats wastewater using a septic tank and a drain field or soil absorption field. It effectively rids the water of any waste using a combination of nature and proven technology. Your septic system works in the following manner:
- The wastewater runs out of the house from one main drainage pipe and collects in the septic tank.
- The septic tank is buried underground, keeping waste away from the surface by sealing it inside. It is the tank’s job to hold the wastewater until the solids settle to the bottom and the oil and grease float to the top.
- Once the solids and oil have separated, the liquid wastewater flows from the tank to the drain field.
- The pretreated wastewater is funneled into the drain field where it filters through the soil. The soil naturally accepts, treats, and disperses the water as it moves through the drain field.
- The wastewater percolates into the soil, which naturally removes any harmful coliform bacteria and other contaminants. The cleaned water then eventually discharges into the groundwater.
Septic & Grease Trap Pumping Services
We provide Septic & Grease Trap Pumping Services as well as Wastewater Management for residential, commercial and industrial applications.
Our Pumping Services
At Area Portable Services, we provide many services to help protect the systems that dispose of your household and commercial waste. We take this job seriously because we know it’s important to the protection of public health. Our services include:
Commercial & Residential Septic Pumping Services
Because household wastewater contains disease-causing bacteria, viruses, and high levels of nitrogen and phosphorous, your septic system has an important job to do. We’ll pump out your septic system to ensure it will work properly, helping to prevent groundwater contamination.
Restaurant Grease Trap Pumping Services
Grease and oil can wreak havoc on a city sewage system, decreasing pipe capacity and flow. For this reason, local authorities require restaurants to have a grease trap system to prevent oil from getting into the sewer lines. Our team can provide regular cleaning of your grease trap to make sure it will do its job correctly.
Wastewater is any water containing waste and is produced by residential, commercial, and industrial facilities. Our team can help you manage the flow of your wastewater to ensure its properly disposed of to protect public health.
The Dos & Don’ts of Proper Septic Care
While it’s essential that you have a professional look at your septic system, there are also some things you can do yourself to properly care for your septic system. Follow our simple list of do’s and don’ts to ensure your system stays in good working order:
- Do regularly inspect and maintain your septic system
- Do pump your septic tank as needed
- Do keep your septic tank lids closed and secure
- Do direct water from roof drains away from the drain field to prevent saturation
- Don’t flush anything besides toilet paper into your septic system
- Don’t use septic tank additives
- Don’t park cars or trucks in your drain field
- Don’t pug harsh household chemicals down the drain
Why Choose Us
Area Portable Services is the team to choose for septic tank maintenance and grease trap cleaning in Rancho Cordova, CA. As a locally owned company, we have the freedom to treat our customers like we’d want to be treated, ensuring you get superior services at a fair price. Not to mention, we have many years of experience in the business, so you can rest assured that we’ll get the job done right. Whether you need a septic tank cleaning, or your grease trap inspected, we’re the team to choose for the project.
Contact Us Today
If you would like to hire us to complete septic or grease trap services at your home, business, or commercial site, now is the time to call Area Portable Services. We’re available to answer any questions you may have about our services and can help you schedule a cleaning appointment that works for you. We’re even available to provide emergency services when you need them. Contact us today!